"Most Youth ministries today understand the importance of child protection and prevention and most believe they have an adequate plan. However once you have attended a Child Protection Plan seminar with Rick and his team from Kanakuk Kamps you realize quickly how many holes your plan has and that serious attention is needed immediately! What I love about the seminar is you don't just get a bunch of facts and theories but you walk out with a fully functional, solidly researched, ministry tested and implemented plan. If you are in youth ministry I highly recommend you attend a CPP seminar ASAP!" Roger Peace, Vice President of Camps and Operations, Word of Life, Schroon Lake, NY
What is the CPP Seminar?
The CPP Seminar is an 8 hour session for the purpose of training organizational leaders on the methodology, content and strategies necessary for implementing the CPP. Participants will learn about abuse awareness, case studies, outdated information and tactics, CPP goals, implementation strategies and self-assessment process, and receive sample forms, training content, a full color workbook and writeable CD.
Note: The CPP materials are only available at the seminar
Where was it developed?
The CPP was developed by Kanakuk Kamps under the direction of Rick Braschler, Senior Risk Consultant and the Director of Risk Management for Kanakuk Kamps. Rick has over 20 years experience in safety and risk management working with youth serving organizations. The CPP was developed in response to first-hand abuse experience, drawing from thousands of hours of team research, and based on sound guidance and research from abuse industry experts.
Who should attend this seminar?
The CPP seminar is for board members, administrators, directors, and leaders of youth serving organizations responsible for managing facilities, directing operations, hiring staff, and supervising youth workers and volunteers.
How is it different from other safety systems or programs?
Drawing from the knowledge and expertise of industry and topical experts, the Child Protection Plan was then developed and assembled in-house to be doable, affordable, reasonable and sustainable. Rather than a list of forms and policies on a broad spectrum, the CPP provides measurable, step-by-step initiatives to directly address root causes and contributing factors which are synonymous with episodes of organizational child abuse.
Therefore, solutions are designed to address specific concerns such as:
- Why don’t background checks accurately report prior deviant behavior?
- What can a child, parent or staff do to recognize, resist and report suspicions or actions of abuse?
- Why don’t bystanders report suspicious behavior?
- Will my hiring practices cause a would-be molester to “opt-out”?
- Why don’t rules that address inappropriate conduct work?
- What is the difference between normal relationship building versus grooming behavior?
- Why can’t I tell the difference between a good person with good intentions, and a bad person with bad intentions?
- Do my facilities create an unwelcoming presence for abuse activities?
- Do I have insurance that covers this?
- How long should I archive records, and what records should I keep?
- What types of acquaintance molesters are there, and how should I prevent or detect them?
- And more....
2013 Seminar Calendar:
- January 22 Colorado - Camp Idrahaje, Bailey Colorado
- February 25 Oregon - Aldersgate Retreat Center, Turner, Oregon
- March 7 Illinois - Mid-States ACA Camp Conference, Pheasant Run Resort, St. Charles, Illinois
- March 14 Missouri - Kanakuk Kamps, Branson, Missouri
- March 19 California - Rock Church, San Diego, California
- March 25 California - Forest Home Camp, Forest Falls, California
- April 9 Texas - Forest Glen Camp, Huntsville, Texas
- September 26 Missouri - Big Cedar Lodge, Branson, Missouri
- October 17 Texas - Forest Glen Camp, Rosebud, Texas
- November 8 New York - Word of Life Conference Center, Schroon Lake, NY
- December 13 Colorado - Glen Eyrie Conference Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado
2014 Seminar Calendar:
- January 17 Washington - Warm Beach Camp, Stanwood, Washington
- January 21 California - Mariners Church/Royal Family Kids, Irvine, California
- February 4 Florida - Camp Gilead, Polk City, Florida
- March 18 Illinois - First Baptist Church, Geneva, Illinois
- March 20 Massachusetts - Camp Good News, Sandwich, MA
- April 1 Alabama - Valley View Baptist Church, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Contact Kay Borror at 417-266-3335, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form.
Thank you to these regional sponsors and/or underwriters of the Child Protection Plan Seminar:
The Kanakuk Child Protection Plan is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or professional opinion on specific facts. Information provided on this website or in Child Protection Seminars may not remain current or accurate, so recipients should use this information only as a starting point for their own independent research and analysis. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.